About the course
Certificate III in Painting and Decorating CPC30620
CRICOS Course Code : 105870C
This qualification will put you on the path to success as a contractor or business owner who specialises in painting and decorating in residential and commercial construction work.
The construction industry strongly affirms that training and assessment leading to recognition of skills must be undertaken in a real or very closely simulated workplace environment and this qualification requires all units of competency to be delivered in this context.
On successfully completing this course, graduates will receive the nationally recognised
CPC30620 Certificate III in Painting and Decorating
The duration of this course is 92 weeks and up to 18 weeks of term breaks
Face to face classroom, Practical training and assessment in Nova’s Building Barn
On successful completion of the course candidates can seek employment as
- Painter and decorator
All overseas students entering this qualification must have an English Language proficiency level of one of the below:
- IELTS band score of 5.5 (Academic or general version) or equivalent internationally recognised exam result, or
- IELTS band score of 5.0 (Academic or general version) then Satisfactory completion of ELICOS or ESL up to 20 weeks at upper intermediate level or
- Upper Intermediate (General English) or higher certificate from a CRICOS registered English language training provider
- In the 2 years before commencing the course, has completed secondary studies equivalent to an Australian Year 12 qualification from an English language speaking country.
- In the 2 years before commencing the course, has completed, in Australia and in the English language, either the Senior Secondary Certificate of Education or a substantial component of a course leading to a qualification from the Australian Qualifications Framework at the Certificate III or higher level.
Nova Institute of Technology also has an online English proficiency test to ensure that students have the English language capacity to successfully complete this course.
For overseas students on an Australian student visa, NIT has a requirement that all students must be over 18 years of age at the commencement of course.
It is recommended that students have attained a year 12 certificate or equivalent.
Students exiting this qualification may choose to progress with further studies by undertaking one or more of the following qualifications:
- CPC50220 Diploma of building and Construction (Building)
UNIT OF COMPETENCY
|CPCCCM2008||Erect and dismantle restricted height scaffolding||Core|
|CPCCCM3001||Operate elevated work platforms up to 11 metres||Core|
|CPCCCM3005||Calculate costs of construction work||Core|
|CPCCPM1012||Work effectively and sustainably in the construction industry||Core|
|CPCCOM1013||Plan and organise work||Core|
|CPCCOM1014||Conduct workplace communication||Core|
|CPCCOM1015||Carry out measurements and calculations||Core|
|CPCCOM2001||Read and interpret plans and specifications||Core|
|CPCCPB3026||Erect and maintain trestle and plank systems||Core|
|CPCCPD2011||Handle and store painting and decorating materials||Core|
|CPCCPD2012||Use painting and decorating tools and equipment||Core|
|CPCCPD2013||Remove and replace doors and door and window components||Core|
|CPCCPD3021||Prepare existing coated surface for painting||Core|
|CPCCPD3022||Apply paint by brush and roller||Core|
|CPCCPD3023||Apply texture coat paint finishes by brush, roller and spray||Core|
|CPCCPD3024||Apply paint by spray||Core|
|CPCCPD3025||Match specific paint colours||Core|
|CPCCPD3023A||Apply texture coat paint finishes by brush, roller and spray||Core|
|CPCCPD3026||Apply stains and clear timber finishes||Core|
|CPCCPD3027||Remove and apply wallpaper||Core|
|CPCCPD3028||Apply decorative paint finishes||Core|
|CCPCCPD3031||Work safely with lead-painted surfaces in the painting industry||Core|
|CPCCPD3035||Prepare uncoated surfaces for painting||Core|
|CPCCPD3036||Work safely to encapsulate non-friable asbestos in the painting industry||Core|
|CPCCWHS2001||Apply WHS requirements, policies and procedures in the construction industry||Core|
|CPCCPD3029||Remove graffiti and apply anti-graffiti coatings||Elective|
|CPCCPD3032||Apply advanced wall coverings||Elective|
|CPCCPD3034||Apply advanced decorative paint finishes||Elective|