About the course
Certificate III in Carpentry CPC30220
CRICOS Course Code : 105869G
The qualification has the competency requirements that cover common skills for the construction industry, as well as a specialist field of work.
The construction industry strongly affirms that training and assessment leading to recognition of skills must be undertaken in a real or very closely simulated workplace environment and this qualification requires all units of competency to be delivered in this context.
On successfully completing this course, graduates will receive the nationally recognised
CPC30220 Certificate III in Carpentry
The duration of this course is 92 weeks and up to 22 weeks of term breaks
Face to face classroom, Practical training and assessment at Nova’s Building Barn
On successful completion of the course candidates can seek employment as
- Carpenter and Joiner
All overseas students entering this qualification must have an English Language proficiency level of one of the below:
- IELTS band score of 5.5 (Academic or general version) or equivalent internationally recognised exam result, or
- IELTS band score of 5.0 (Academic or general version) and then, Satisfactory completion of ELICOS or ESL up to 20 weeks at upper intermediate level or
- Upper Intermediate (General English) or higher certificate from a CRICOS registered English language training provider
- In the 2 years before commencing the course, has completed secondary studies equivalent to an Australian Year 12 qualification from an English language speaking country.
- In the 2 years before commencing the course, has completed, in Australia and in the English language, either the Senior Secondary Certificate of Education or a substantial component of a course leading to a qualification from the Australian Qualifications Framework at the Certificate III or higher level.
Nova Institute of Technology also has an online English proficiency test to ensure that students have the English language capacity to successfully complete this course.
For overseas students on an Australian student visa, NIT has a requirement that all students must be over 18 years of age at the commencement of course.
It is recommended that students have attained a year 12 certificate or equivalent.
Students exiting this qualification may choose to progress with further studies by undertaking one or more of the following qualifications:
- CPC50220 Diploma of building and Construction (Building)
UNIT OF COMPETENCY
|CPCCCA2002||Use carpentry tools and equipment||Core|
|CPCCCA2011||Handle carpentry materials||Core|
|CPCCCA3001||Carry out general demolition of minor building structures||Core|
|CPCCCA3002||Carry out setting out||Core|
|CPCCCA3003||Install flooring systems||Core|
|CPCCCA3004||Construct and erect wall frames||Core|
|CPCCCA3005||Construct ceiling frames||Core|
|CPCCCA3006||Erect roof trusses||Core|
|CPCCCA3007||Construct pitched roofs||Core|
|CPCCCA3010||Install windows and doors||Core|
|CPCCCA3016||Construct, assemble and install timber external stairs||Core|
|CPCCCA3017||Install exterior cladding||Core|
|CPCCCA3024||Install lining, panelling and moulding||Core|
|CPCCCA3025||Read and interpret plans, specifications and drawings for carpentry work||Core|
|CPCCCA3028||Erect and dismantle formwork for footings and slabs on ground||Core|
|CPCCCM2006||Apply basic levelling procedures||Core|
|CPCCCM2008||Erect and dismantle restricted height scaffolding||Core|
|CPCCCM2012||Work safely at heights||Core|
|CPCCCO2013||Carry out concreting to simple forms||Core|
|CPCCOM1012||Work effectively and sustainably in the construction industry.||Core|
|CPCCOM1014||Conduct workplace communication||Core|
|CPCCOM1015||Carry out measurements and calculations||Core|
|CPCCOM3001||Perform construction calculations to determine carpentry material requirements||Core|
|CPCCOM3006||Carry out levelling operations||Core|
|CPCCWHS2001||Apply WHS requirements, policies and procedures in the construction industry||Core|
|CPCWHS3001||Identify construction work hazards and select risk control strategies||Core|
|CPCCCA3012||Frame and fit wet area fixtures||Elective A|
|CPCCCA3014||Construct and install bulkheads||Elective A|
|CPCCCA3027||Set up, operate and maintain indirect action powder-actuated power tools||Elective A|
|CPCCCM2002||Carry out hand excavation||Elective A|
|CPCCCM3001||Operate elevated work platforms up to 11 metres||Elective A|
|CPCCCM3005||Calculate costs of construction work||Elective B|
|CPCCCM1013||Plan and organise work||Elective B|