- International students must complete their course within the period specified on their Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) and are not permitted to study part-time.
- Student visas are usually issued for the duration of the course. Information on student visa application or renewal is available at www.border.gov.au.
- Nova Institute is obliged to report to the Australian Government any student who is not making satisfactory progress in their studies. Please refer to the Nova Institute’s Course Progress policy on the Policies and Procedures page.
- Student visa condition 8533 requires a student to notify their education provider of any change to their residential address in Australia within 7 days.
- It is a visa requirement that International students pay and maintain Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) while studying in Australia.
- International students can only work 40 hours a fortnight while classes are in session.
- Please read the full Australian student visa conditions at www.border.gov.au BEFORE accepting your offer at Nova Institute.
- International students must meet the minimum English language proficiency requirement for entry into the course. English proficiency will be tested; if the test reveals that the English language skills are insufficient, the student will be required to enrol in an English language course prior to the commencement of studies.
- Under-18 students must have appropriate and approved welfare and accommodation arrangements. See Under-18 page for details.
- Information is collected on this form and during your enrolment in order to meet our obligations under the Education Services for Overseas students Act 2000 (ESOS Act) and the National Code of Practice for Registration Authorities and Providers of Education and Training to Overseas Students 2007 (National Code 2007); to ensure student compliance with the conditions of their visas and their obligations under Australian immigration laws generally. The authority to collect this information is contained in the ESOS Act, the Education Services for overseas Students Regulations 2001 and the National Code 2007. Information collected about you on this form and during your enrolment can be provided, in certain circumstances, to the Australian Government and designated authorities and, if relevant, the Tuition Assurance Scheme and the ESOS Assurance Fund Manager. In other instances information collected on this form or during your enrolment can be disclosed without your consent where authorised or required by law. Students may access personal information held by Nova Institute by contacting Reception.
- The ESOS framework designed for prospective students is now available at: https://aei.gov.au. The National Code is available at: aei.gov.au/ regulatory-information/ Education-Services-for- Overseas-Students- ESOS-Legislative- Framework/National-Code/ Pages/default.aspx.
- All prospective students should be aware that if they have any school-aged dependants coming to Australia with them, they will be required to pay full fees if they are enrolled in either a government or non-governmental school.
- Students on an international student visa are required to remain with their education provider for the first six months of study of their principal course. The Transfer Policy can be accessed on the Policies and Procedures page.
- Some international students are issued with a “No further stay” condition. This means that you cannot apply to stay in Australia beyond the date specified on your student visa. Students with this condition should contact DIAC for further advice.
CODE OF CONDUCT
Students must abide by institute rules at all times. This includes conduct during time spent on college premises, in class and in accommodation arranged by Nova Institute of Technology. We reserve the right to discipline or expel students whose conduct is unsatisfactory. No refund of tuition fees will be made in the case of expulsion from the institute.
CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS
Payments by credit card (Visa, MasterCard and American Express) will attract a 2% fee.