Students at Nova Institute who are under 18 years of age, on a student visa coming to Australia without a parent, must have an approved Carer until they turn 18.
Parents must use the Nomination of Carer and Accommodation form, to choose from the following two options:
- nominate a suitable guardian who resides in Australia (via the ‘Nomination of a Student Guardian’ form, at the Department of Home Affairs (DHA) office in your home country), OR
- appoint Nova Institute as the nominated Carer.
- With either option the student is required to pay a Carer Fee.
- Students who have Nova Institute as nominated Carer must also stay in a Nova Institute approved Homestay.
- These arrangements must be made before a Confirmation of Enrolment will be issued.
Fees for Under 18 year old students
ALL students under 18 years of age, on a student visa, studying at Nova Institute will be given special supervision and monitoring by the Nova Institute Student Support Officer, and incur the following costs (until they turn 18):
Students who have nominated Nova Institute as Carer, must also pay:
- Accommodation placement: $240 to Australian Homestay Network
- Airport pickup: $120 one way and $160 return to Nova Institute
- Homestay: $305 per week (which includes 3 meals per day). (The student should make 4 weeks of rent plus accommodation placement fees prior to arrival in Australia.)
The above fees must be paid in full when the student accepts the homestay offer from AHN (Australian Homestay Network) in addition to tuition and OSHC fees.